We all had those moments as kids when you discover something isn't exactly what you thought. Or you totally believed something that was totally untrue. Here are a few that happened to me.
1. When you discover that The Lone Ranger theme song isn't really The Lone Ranger theme song at all.
2. When you find out gum really doesn't take years to digest.
3. When for years you thought your preacher was saying, "and you've been baptized by a merchant?" when it was really, "and you've been baptized by immersion?" *face palm* I always wondered who this strange merchant was.
4. When you find out Daniel Boone really didn't look like Fess Parker at all. Bummer.
5. When your favorite author, Carolyn Keene, is not real.
6. That bed bugs ARE.
7. When the the wise men weren't really three, and the star wasn't on the night Jesus was born.
8. When you dance with your church shoes on in the kitchen, you aren't really dancing like Shirley Temple.
9. That Steve didn't really go to college. He left his beloved friend Blue with some guy named Joe because he was going bald.
10. That if you swallow a watermelon seed, a watermelon won't grow in your stomach. This was probably more of a good discovery.
What were some of yours?
Kathryn (aka Chatty Kathy)