Monday, June 25, 2012

New Glasses!


First off, let me say sorry. 

I haven't been on here much! Not posting, not commenting, not anything. And I'm really sorry. I have no excuse, I just haven't been on here. 

Today, my mom and I went to LensCrafters! After wearing the same pair of glasses for 6 years, it was time for a new one. I couldn't see a thing. 

I don't know about you, but I really enjoy going to the eye doctor! There's something strangely cool about reading letters to see how bad your eyes are and then them puffing air into your eyes. The only part that's hard is when they stick lenses in front of you in some machine asking you which one looks better... they kinda look the same! 

So, my eyes were much worse than I thought! My prescription changed 150%!  Can I hear a 'whoa'?  

Yeah, I was surprised too! My glasses suddenly got a lot thicker!

Left, old glasses. Right, new glasses.
 Overall, the day was really nice. I had subway for lunch, a Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble Frapp for a chiller, got new glasses, and took my earrings out. 

YAY!! My earring were finally able to come out!!! I put in another pair of studs, just because they are still a little sore, and I didn't want to wear danglies yet. 

Sorry for the odd position, I was trying not to get a glare in my glasses.
They didn't bleed (YAY!), but it did kinda hurt getting them out. The back wouldn't come off. I pulled, and loosened it, but they just wouldn't budge! So I went to Lauren. She tugged a little, then YANK!! Wish you could have seen the look on my face. OW!!!

What did you do on this delightful Monday? 
Later,
Kathryn (aka Chatty Kathy) 

27 chatty people:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your glasses are a LOT like mine!!! Just curious....what brand are they? It would be awesome if they were exactly the same! WHOA, that's a big prescription change!!! :P Yeah, going to the eye doctor and seeing how your eyes are can be cool, I agree. I've never had them shoot air into my eyes though....sounds a bit scary.... :) Great post!
Oh, and BTW I'm having some special made-by-me awards at my blog for a lot of my special commenters and followers, and you're included....I love your blog! So stay tuned at my blog for the next few days and see! :D
Glad to hear from you!!!
Hannah

throughmykeyboard.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I luvvvvvvvvvvvvv your shirt!!!!!!!

Kathryn said...

Wow, that would be neat! Mine are Elizabeth Arden Petite, I think.
Yeah, the puff is just a little bit of air. It's not really anything!
Thanks!!

Kathryn said...

Thanks!! Got it at goodwill (where else?!)!

Piper said...

Ooh, I like your new glasses!

I know, it hurts SO MUCH when your first pair of earrings come out. It feels like they've been pierced again!

Piper♥

Anonymous said...

I don't think they're the same...but they sure look the same! :) it would be cool if they were though!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Your new glasses looks great :) The glasses that I wear, the one side is tied up with a wire to hold my glasses together. So I need new glasses myself! Ooh, you got 2 have Starbucks! Yummy! What did I do today? I took my dog out for a walk and now I am catching up with leaving comments!! Have a good one, Kathryn!

Rebekah said...

I just love your glasses! I love that kind of purple!
God bless,
Rebekah

Go Bold said...

cool. I love new glasses ( reading glasses in this case for me) and I like the eye doctor. your right! :)

your day sounded fun. I went to the library.

--Rachel S

Aaliyah Marie said...

I LOVE the eye doctor too! I also love the orthodontics, and stuff like that!

~Aaliyah~

Katherine said...

Your glasses look really cute!! :)

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Hi Kathy!

Oooh...I have to go to the eye doctor and I'm kind of nervous about it. :P I went to the doctor back in May for a checkup and kind of flunked my eye test and was told I needed to be examined. :) I can't see very far with my left eye. My right eye is pretty good.

Did you get your ears pierced at Claire's? I did, and I had the same issue when I took my earrings out! We actually kept tugging and it didn't come off...and so, because I'm such a baby about pain and such, I kept them in for a year, until one came off in the pool on accident and I was forced to take the other one out. :P My ears were pretty sore during that first time period after getting them pierced, too. They still get sore sometimes. You're going to have lots of fun picking out new earrings, though!

God bless you!
Joy :)

Grace said...

Hi Kathryn!

I LOVE your new glasses! I have never had bad vision, but I've always loved the look of glasses! My Mom pierced my ears, and I haven't had a problem with it, but I know how you feel trying to get them out! ughh it hurts pretty bad!

Have a lovely week!

Your Sister in Christ,
Grace

Kathryn said...

Thanks, Piper!
Yeah, in a way!!!

Kathryn said...

Thanks, Liz!!
Oh no, LOL!!! Sounds like you do!
I love Starbucks! I like taking walks, too :) You 2!

Kathryn said...

Thanks, Rebekah!

Kathryn said...

Thanks, Ray! Yeah, it's fun, no?
Oh, the library is fun!

Kathryn said...

YES! I've never been to the dentist, though!

Kathryn said...

Hi, Joy!
Oh, don't be nervous! It's really fun! My right eye is worse than my left eye :(

No, Walmart actually! I've heard a lot of people get them done at Claire's. Oh my, a whole year? Wow! Hey, it's probably better for them to fall out anyway :D
Oh yes! I just adore all the dangly ones I got!

Kathryn said...

P.S. Hope your feeling better!

Kathryn said...

Hi, Grace!
Thanks, girl!
My eyes started getting bad when I was oh, 8 maybe? My mom and dad have really bad eyes.
Oh neat! Did you get the home piercing pack thingy?
Yeah, getting them out is no fun :(
You 2!!
~Kathryn

•Maddie• said...

Whoa Kathryn! I LOVE your new glasses!! And I'm excited for you about your earings:-P Yup they do really kinda hurt when you first take them out! As it turns out one reason they hurt my ears was 'cause I am alergic to the metal. I can only wear sterling silver!
Madeline

Aidyl Ewoh said...

Wow, 150% I’m not sure what that means… But I can see how thick the glasses are. Cute pictures, by the way.
=)
~Aidyl

Kathryn said...

Thanks, Madeline!!
They do, don't they? They don't hurt as bad now, but they are still kinda sore! Oh yes! My friend is like that!

Kathryn said...

Just means my prescription like tripled, LOL! It changed a lot. It means the glasses got a lot stronger.
Thanks!

Julianna Mae♥ said...

Hey Kathryn-

My ears hurt so bad when I took them out for the first time! and I still have the one's I got in first on! I'm going to wait a little longer to put new one's in because when I put in new earrings for the first time and wanted to put my old one's back in it wouldn't go in and I got kinda scared...but, my mom helped me get them back in! <3 Love your new glasses!

-Julianna<3

P.s. Love the picture! <3

Kathryn said...

Hey, Julie!
Oh, I know!! It does sting a little. Oh wow! You put you old ones back in? But they have the pointy end! Ouch!
Thanks!

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com