Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Nice Evening


Ah, it is so nice out. 

On warm evenings like this, I usually go outside with my camera and goof off. 


Mary enjoying her new swing set!
I love being barefoot!

Suddenly, I got this crazy idea to take pictures-while riding a bike. 

Yeah. 

I once tried to take a video while iceskating. As I skated around the rink talking to my camera, I slipped and almost fell. The video is quite humorous to watch, though. 

Anyway, I got the bike out of the garage. 

I love the blue!
And so, I rode up and down the alley taking pictures in my right hand, and steering this huge blue monster with my left. 

If the neighbors had been out, they probably would have stared a little. I mean, wouldn't you, if you saw a girl riding a bike that's too big for her, steering it with one hand, taking pictures in the other hand, and singing "Chattanooga Choo Choo"?

That's what I thought. 


Then I went around front, to the hill. The hill is very fun to ride, but slightly bumpy. It's not the ideal spot to go down with only one hand steering.

My first thought was, "Nah, I better not." 

My second thought was, "It'd be fun!"

I went with my second thought. 

As I sped down the hill, my bouncy tire hit a large bump and my camera almost slipped right out of my hand. Let's just say I LOVE camera straps. 

What's your evenings outside like? 
Later!
~Kathryn (aka Chatty Kathy)


24 chatty people:

Katherine said...

I want to see your ice skating video now!! haha

Funny funny! I should try taking pics while on my bike! ;)

We went to a friends house yesterday! I took 184 pictures! WOW I'm breaking in my new camera LOL
come see?

Piper said...

Haha! That's awesome! You're braver than I am! ;)
Piper♥

Go Bold said...

that was an enjoyable post to read Kat!

I bike rided too today, havent in a while, its fun, bike riding!

Rebekah said...

I think I should try riding a bike and taking pictures. But the song I would probably sing is The Ballad Of Davy Crockett or 1945.
God bless,
Rebekah

Emma Kate said...

Haha, now I want to see the ice skating video! LOL. :P

Kathryn said...

Haha, uh no. :)
Yes, it's quite fun! Just don't fall off!! :D
Oh neat!!!

Kathryn said...

Haha, thanks!

Kathryn said...

Well, thanks Ray!
Oh, great! I love riding bikes!

Kathryn said...

Oh yes! I love Davy Crockett and I love Daniel Boone too! I know you do! My sister sing the Ballad of Davy Crockett all the time...

Kathryn said...

No thanks... :D

Julie said...

Such a fun post!!! I would have loved to see your neighbor’s faces watching you riding a bike that's too big for you, steering with one hand, taking pictures and singing "Chattanooga Choo Choo"! LOL!

~Eli

Kathryn said...

Thanks, Eli!
Haha, yes. I'm sure I would have gotten some strange looks!

Emma Kate said...

Hi Kathryn!

I posted the interview, just wanted to let you know! :)

Brooklyn said...

You have such a talent for writing. You make me smile.:]

http://jumping4jesus.blogspot.com/

Braelyn said...

it looks like you's had a lot of fun!
~Braleyn

Kathryn said...

Thanks!!! :)

Kathryn said...

Aw, thanks so much, Brooke!!!! I'm glad I make you smile :D

Kathryn said...

Yes, I did!

Nine said...

Hey Kath!
Looks like loads of fun!! PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE put the ice skating video on your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ps, Because I know you will, I awarded you.
xxx

Kathryn said...

Oh my, it's not that awesome. And I'm not sure if I'm brave enough. :) We'll see. :P
Thanks!

David and Christine Keller said...

HI! That was a GREAT post! So funny! That would seem quite hard to sit on a bike, steer it, take pictures, AND sing! LOL! Sounds fun! We LOVE bike riding!
God Bless!
~The Keller Girls~

Kathryn said...

Thanks, Girls!! Haha, it was sorta difficult! But you get the hang of it :) Me too!
~Kathryn

P.S. Thanks for following me!

Anonymous said...

Great photos!!
Oh, and BTW, I did a new blog thingy, but not blog. Go here if ya wanna see anyone!!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M8LzPafCBgpIzNeeYZ2FoR9lwOACimYyd3eQpkl0y-E/edit

Kathryn said...

Thanks!
How neat is that! Thanks for the link :D

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com